Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Interview and The Acceptance

I first applied for 3 Professional Internships with Disney for Fall 2015. However, after I did not feel like the phone screen went very well, I decided to apply for the Disney College Program again as a back up. All I have thought about since my first program was, how can I get back down to Disney? I was going to take every opportunity that I could to get my foot back in that door!

I applied for the DCP on February 9th. After applying a received an email letting me know that I was invited to take the Web Based Interview. This is a web screening that asked you questions and you have to rank how you feel about them from "completely agree" to "completely disagree". This takes about a half hour to get through all the questions. At the end of the WBI, they will tell you whether you have made it to the next interview round or not.

The next interview is over the phone. After the WBI, you will receive an email telling you how to schedule your interview. Should the time you schedule your interview for no longer works, you have the opportunity to log back in and change your appointment. You are only allowed to reschedule ONCE! So make sure that if you reschedule that you are certain that is the best choice.

To learn more about what to expect in the Phone Interview, see my page About the Interview.



____________________________________


Exactly one week after my phone interview I received the following email:

I literally cried when I saw that I had been accepted once again to live out my dream of working for Disney!! AND I was accepted as a Hospitality Role which was my number 1 choice!!

Everyone gets their acceptance at different times, so don't compare the time you're waiting for an acceptance to how quick anyone else received theirs. If they really were no longer considering you, then you would know! The recruiter will always give you a date that you will hear by. This year it was April 20th. Until that last day comes and goes, do NOT give up hope!!

Scrolling all the way down, I followed the link in the email to view my acceptance letter. In the acceptance, you see which role you have received, which program (regular semester or advantage) you were accepted to, and how much you will be making. You will not find out exactly which location you are working in until your arrival day in Florida. At the end of the letter, you can either accept or deny the offer. If you need to think about it and discuss with family, you have up to 7 days to do so.

After accepting the role, you will receive an email to pay your program fees. The total is $350, which breaks down to $150 for "program assessment fee" and $200 for "housing and administration fee". Again, you will be allowed 7 days to complete this.

Once you pay your fees, you will receive another email about how to log in to select your arrival date! Now certain roles have specific days that they want you to sign up for. I had to make sure that I chose an arrival date with "Front Desk Only" as an option. There will be 4 dates that CPs can ultimately choose from to arrive. However, when you first log in to schedule your arrival date, not all of the arrival dates may be available for you to choice. Should this happen it is either because your specific role has a special arrival date, or Disney is trying to even out when people in certain roles are arriving to make it even. If you have a date in mind that you do not see available, you can either call casting to see if they can assign you to one of the closed dates, or check back at the available dates every day. This is another step that allows you to take up to 7 days to complete. I really wanted May 26th as my arrival date, however when I first logged in it wasn't available. I checked back the next day and there it was!

I know how exciting it is when you get the acceptance letter in your email! You want to zoom through all of the steps and be able to know exactly when you are moving yourself to Florida! But remember that you need to make sure that the scheduling works out. Make sure to talk to any friends or family that are going to help you move down, what mode of transportation you are going to get there, and make sure to talk to your school to make sure you can take the semester in the program (hopefully you talked to someone before applying). It is an exciting time for sure, but make sure that you take the time to plan everything out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment