Monday, March 23, 2015

Why Worry?

Growing up as a "Disney Kid", I learned a lot from Walt Disney's movies, but also from the man himself. Here are some of my favorite quotes and why that are special to me. 





This is the best advice that you can take from Mr. Disney when it comes to applying for the Disney College Program! Being part of the Facebook groups that are for DCP hopefuls can sometimes add unnecessary stress to everyone. Once the acceptances start rolling out, that's then the doubt sets in and some of the people on the groups get snappy if you ask questions or are unwilling to help because they don't want the added competition. To all this I say, STOP FREAKING OUT! YES, I know we are all dying for it and YES, maybe this is your last semester that you are able to apply, but that doesn't mean your life is going to stop if you don't get accepted. 

I applied last year for 8 Professional Internships through Disney and many of them were Alumni-only internships. I was graduating in May so this was (what I thought at the time) the last time I would be able to get a shot at working for Disney. Long story short, I did not get the PIs. Was I heartbroken?  Yes. But I brushed myself off and moved on! I found an amazing job 15 minutes from my house and had a great experience! 

Take Walt's words to heart when you're applying for these internships. Once you have applied and done your interview, it's out of your hands! Adding extra stress and worry is not going to help, but hurt you in the long run. Find things to distract you until you get the final word on the internships you have applied for. Sit back, relax, and watch a Disney movie!!



Want to see more Disney Quotes? Check out Wise Words From Walt

No comments:

Post a Comment