Thursday, March 26, 2015

We Keep Moving Forward

Growing up as a "Disney Kid", I learned a lot from Walt Disney's movies, but also from the man himself. Here are some of my favorite quotes and why that are special to me. 






"Keep moving forward" was one of my favorite lines from the film, Meet the Robinsons. It was the motto that ran throughout the whole movie. (If you haven't seen it, you really should! It's one of those amazing and underrated Disney movies.) I fell in love with the phrase even more when I found out that it actually came from Walt Disney himself. 

This is something that I think everyone needs to remember in life. No matter what happens, you need to keep on going. Don't forget about the past, but learn from it. Take what you learned and use that to find new opportunities that you didn't know where there before. When one door shuts, another one opens. Just keep on going!

This was never more true for me as it was when I did not get any of the Professional Internships that I applied to last year when I was graduating. I thought it was my last opportunity to apply since you have to be in school when you're applying. I did not dwell on the fact that I did not get the positions, but I looked to see how I would be able to get myself down to Disney again. I decided to go back to school (online) for my Masters. This then made me eligible to apply for the DCP and PI all over again! 

Don't focus so much on what has already happened. There is nothing that you can do to change the past. You just need to pick yourself up and see what the next step in the process will be and move on. Move forward.



Want to see more Disney Quotes? Check out Wise Words From Walt

No comments:

Post a Comment